Danesfield Supports Young Carers
A young carer is anyone under the age of 25 who helps to look after a relative with a disability, illness, mental health condition, or drug or alcohol problem.
What might a young carer do?
· Practical tasks, like cooking, housework and shopping
· Physical care, such as helping someone out of bed
· Emotional support, including talking to someone who is distressed
· Personal care, such as helping someone dress
· Managing the family budget and collecting prescriptions
· Helping to give medicine
· Helping someone communicate
· Looking after brothers and sisters
How do we help our young carers?
· Emotional Health Support in school
· 1:1 Talk-Time
· Wellbeing Workshops
· Health Checks with School Nurse
· Support with Homework
· Peer Support from Wellbeing Friends
· Referral to Minehead Eye Young Carers Group
If you would like to know more about the support available to Young Carers at Danesfield please email email@example.com or call 01984 632581 and one of our Young Carer Support Team will contact you.