It is our pleasure to formally announce that Danesfield Church of England School, Old Cleeve First School and St Peter's First School became part of the West Somerset Academies Trust with effect from 1st April 2017.
Mr Rushforth, our CEO, sent the following message to all parents.
Trustees of both the Quantock Academy and West Somerset Academies Trust (WSAT) have been working towards bringing the schools together since January 2016. After a number of delays and obstacles finally, at the beginning of the month the Quantock Academy joined the WSAT. This move has some very tangible benefits for all the children in Danesfield, St. Peter’s and Old Cleeve and across West Somerset as a whole.
- Wider opportunities for our children
- A better career structure for our staff
- A one off grant of £360,000 to balance the books and purchase IT equipment.
However, into the future it is the values that we hold that will make the difference.
The values of the Trust are also the values embraced by the Quantock Academy and we base all of our decisions on these values.
- We put the child at the centre of our thinking. Always.
- We aim for the highest standards of academic performance.
- We work for the development of good character in our children.
- We engender Christian love in our community.
So on behalf of our children and staff, welcome to the West Somerset Academies Trust. Whilst your first point of contact will always be your child’s school, if you do want to contact me, please do so via the contact details shown below.
Paul Rushforth, CEO, West Somerset Academies Trust,
Ponsford Road, Minehead, TA24 6EW